Thank you Robert Schuh
spodosaurus
2004-10-15 12:42:33 UTC
Hi all,

Without getting into too many details, I owe Robert Schuh many thanks.
Last month when I posted about my doctors trying to help my blood counts
with deca durabolin (as a sort of last resort while trying to keep me
away from a mismatch transplant) Robert Schuh sent me a few emails to
try and help. One of his suggestions ended up uncovering a treatment
option that was overlooked. Today I get to start that treatment, and not
a moment too soon considering how badly my counts have fallen in the
last few weeks. Hopefully this treatment will help stabilise me for a
little while. Once again, thanks Robert, your taking the time to email
me has opened up another option for me when I really needed it.

Cheers,

Ari

neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. To jump to the end
of the story, as a result of this I need a bone marrow transplant. Many
people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/
Usenet Posting
2004-10-15 13:46:36 UTC
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 20:42:33 +0800, spodosaurus
Post by spodosaurus
Hi all,
Without getting into too many details, I owe Robert Schuh many thanks.
Last month when I posted about my doctors trying to help my blood counts
with deca durabolin (as a sort of last resort while trying to keep me
away from a mismatch transplant) Robert Schuh sent me a few emails to
try and help. One of his suggestions ended up uncovering a treatment
option that was overlooked. Today I get to start that treatment, and not
a moment too soon considering how badly my counts have fallen in the
last few weeks. Hopefully this treatment will help stabilise me for a
little while. Once again, thanks Robert, your taking the time to email
me has opened up another option for me when I really needed it.
Cheers,
Ari
Robert Schuh, saving lives, flaming trolls, and defending justice
since 1991.

http://www.texansfortruth.org/
John M. Williams
2004-10-15 16:56:09 UTC
Post by Usenet Posting
Post by spodosaurus
[...]
I sense bitterness in your words, Mike. Does it anger you that Rob
helped someone?
Keith Hobman
2004-10-15 18:43:20 UTC
Post by spodosaurus
Hi all,
Without getting into too many details, I owe Robert Schuh many thanks.
Last month when I posted about my doctors trying to help my blood counts
with deca durabolin (as a sort of last resort while trying to keep me
away from a mismatch transplant) Robert Schuh sent me a few emails to
try and help. One of his suggestions ended up uncovering a treatment
option that was overlooked. Today I get to start that treatment, and not
a moment too soon considering how badly my counts have fallen in the
last few weeks. Hopefully this treatment will help stabilise me for a
little while. Once again, thanks Robert, your taking the time to email
me has opened up another option for me when I really needed it.
Schuh is one of the good ones.

He may tear you a new asshole, but he has a ton of knowledge.
Martin Shuster
2004-10-15 21:56:51 UTC
Post by Keith Hobman
Post by spodosaurus
Hi all,
Without getting into too many details, I owe Robert Schuh many thanks.
Last month when I posted about my doctors trying to help my blood
counts with deca durabolin (as a sort of last resort while trying to
keep me away from a mismatch transplant) Robert Schuh sent me a few
emails to try and help. One of his suggestions ended up uncovering a
treatment option that was overlooked. Today I get to start that
treatment, and not a moment too soon considering how badly my counts
have fallen in the last few weeks. Hopefully this treatment will help
stabilise me for a little while. Once again, thanks Robert, your taking
the time to email me has opened up another option for me when I really
needed it.
Schuh is one of the good ones.
He may tear you a new asshole, but he has a ton of knowledge.
He tends to use his powers for good...
--
Martin Shuster

vanity at jhu dot edu

*printed on recycled electrons*
Jim Ranieri
2004-10-16 00:50:20 UTC
Post by spodosaurus
Hi all,
Without getting into too many details, I owe Robert Schuh many thanks.
Last month when I posted about my doctors trying to help my blood counts
with deca durabolin (as a sort of last resort while trying to keep me
away from a mismatch transplant) Robert Schuh sent me a few emails to
try and help. One of his suggestions ended up uncovering a treatment
option that was overlooked. Today I get to start that treatment, and not
a moment too soon considering how badly my counts have fallen in the
last few weeks. Hopefully this treatment will help stabilise me for a
little while. Once again, thanks Robert, your taking the time to email
me has opened up another option for me when I really needed it.
Every once in a great while, something really good results from the MFW
banter. Hope it works out well for you.
Robert Schuh
2004-10-17 15:21:29 UTC
Post by spodosaurus
[...]
Hi Ari,
I am glad it worked out. I take it your MD found the drug we were talking
about?

Rob

--
Robert Schuh
- Nietzsche
spodosaurus
2004-10-19 19:07:51 UTC
Post by Robert Schuh
Post by spodosaurus
[...]
Yes. We've started it. My blood counts fell too low for the
deca-durabolin needles, so we required something oral rather than 3 IM
injections per week. The guys at NIH recommended the deca as the
androgen to use because it will be easy on my liver, but with my counts
the way they are we're looking only at the short term right now.
Platelets hit 14k. We're still hoping things will turn around again like
they have in the past. The blood test results today were not promising,
though :-( Proceeding to a mismatch transplant is virtually a death
sentence but it's looming large on the horizon.

http://www.marrow.org/
Mick R.
2004-10-20 08:52:05 UTC
Post by spodosaurus
Post by Robert Schuh
Post by spodosaurus
[...]
That bites.
I double checked my donor details are up to date last week. Sorry I'm
(apparently) not a match.
--
Mick R.

Until you get pretty good at it, deadlifting is 90% half mental. - Wayne S.
Hill