Hiking on dune with dropset, using sand-filled backpack rather than weights.
Mullin9
2012-02-25 07:27:29 UTC
I found a way to do drop-sets, using a backpack full of sand, rather
than free-weights or plates machine, I would walk/hike on a dune with
weight on my back (sand filled backpack) almost as much as i can
handle, workout (hike) to failure, pour out 20 LB of sand, or 1/4 the
sand from the backpack, workout (hike) to failure again, pour out
another 20 LB of sand, workout (hike) to failure yet again, pour out
yet another 20 LB of sand, continue to workout (hike) to failure, till
you pour out the last 20 LB of sand, that Gravity never felt SO
heavy.

Neat benefit,
no Gym membership needed,
no costly weight-sets
no plates needed
just a rugged backpack, with sand or gravel for weight.

great workout for hikers and runners.
Das128
I'm thinking of a same Idea, I'm by the beach, Great suggestion.
Mullin9
2012-02-26 03:25:39 UTC
Great Idea, you're doing great
David Mullin
2018-02-20 00:52:33 UTC
What a great idea
ddmullin
David Mullin
2018-02-24 23:24:07 UTC
my new placeto hike, is on a rocky hill behind Pilot gas station,
where brigham dr meets HW 15, by St George UT